Mass Spectrometry Proteomics Platform
The MSPP Platform of the BPMP laboratory belongs to the “Pôle Protéome de Montpellier” (PPM) that regroups regional technological facilities in proteomics analysis. This structure is certified as a proteomic platform by the GIS IBiSA on a national scale. At the institutional level, the MSPP is labeled regional platform in proteomics by INRA.
In the area of functional proteomics, MSPP offers real expertise and technological means in biochemistry, mass spectrometry and bioinformatics.
These means allow us to address many research and development projects in the quantitative analysis of proteins, the analysis of post-translational modifications, and of interactions networks.
The platform hosts programs as part of collaborations or services for a large number of academic research teams in biology, mainly French ones and for some private laboratories.
The members of the platform provide communication and training operations.
In order to define the best as possible the most adapted strategies, we advise you to contact us as soon as your project is drawn up.
For any contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
our lien vers fiche de demande d’analyse
The conditions for setting up and running a proteomics project on the platform are detailed in “lien vers charte PPM.
A quote will be provided upon request.
|1 LC-MS/MS analysis||150 € HT (public)||480 € HT (private company)|
The price includes :
- Proteomic training provided by the platform staff (if necessary to carry out the project).
- Materials and consumables necessary for the biochemical treatment of samples for analysis in mass spectrometry (electrophoresis gels and enzymes, for example).
- Data acquisition with mass spectrometers.
- Processing (searches in databases for example), validation and formating of results using dedicated bioinformatics tools.
For the services carried out under collaborations, part of the cost of the analyses can be covered by the platform. This participation will depend on the nature of the analyses, the number of samples processed and the degree of collaboration.
Biochemical preparation of samples for proteomics analysis
- Fractionation of complex protein mixtures by electrophoresis
- in gel and in solution enzymatic digestion of proteins
- Phospho-peptides enrichment
Identification and quantification of proteins by high-resolution mass spectrometry
- Large-scale identification of proteins
- Post-translational modifications analysis (phosphorylations, ubiquitinylations)
- Label-Free quantification for analysis of proteome quantitative variations
- Targeted analysis of proteins by Parallel Reaction Monitoring (PRM)
Bioinformatical analysis of data
- Data analysis and processing (identification, quantification, validation)
- Design and development of data reprocessing chains
Equipment / Technologies
– Biochemical preparation
The platform has a biochemistry laboratory dedicated to the preparation of samples specific to proteomic analysis.
- Electrophoresis devices Mini-PROTEAN ® (Biorad)
- Speed vac
- Preparative HPLC U3000 (Thermo Fisher Scientific) : off-line fractionation of peptides
Some equipments are made available to collaborators who wish to prepare their samples (subject to training).
– Mass spectrometry
2 nano-HPLC Thermo Fisher Scientific coupled to mass spectrometers (Maxis HD Bruker et Q-exactive + Thermo Fisher Scientific).
- nanoHPLC U3000 FLM (Thermo Scientific™ Dionex™)
- nanoHPLC NCS U3500 RS (Thermo Scientific™ Dionex™)
- Mass spectrometer (Thermo Scientific™ Q Exactive™)
- Mass spectrometer (Bruker)
– Informatics and Bioinformatics
The platform is equipped with a computer treatment room open to collaborators (according to prior agreement and training).
The software offer relies on software, tools, and hardware dedicated to:
• Mascot 2.4 (Matrix Science) sur serveur :http://www.matrixscience.com/
• X!tandem pipeline: http://pappso.inra.fr/bioinfo/xtandempipeline/
• Proteome Discoverer ™ 1.4 (Thermo Fisher Scientific): https://www.thermofisher.com/order/catalog/product/IQLAAEGABSFAKJMAUH
• ProteinScape 3.1 (Bruker) sur Serveur : mass-spectrometry-and-separations
• Andromeda : maxquant andromeda
Label-free quantification of proteins
• MaxQuant (Max-Planck Institute of Biochemistry): http://www.coxdocs.org/doku.php?id=maxquant:start
• Skyline (MacCoss Lab Software) : https://skyline.ms/project/home/software/Skyline/begin.view
• MassChroq: http://pappso.inra.fr/bioinfo/masschroq/
• Scripts development (Pearl, R)
• Perseus (Max-Planck Institute of Biochemistry):http://www.coxdocs.org/doku.php?id=perseus:start
• SAS: https://www.sas.com/fr_fr/software/analytics/stat.html
60 Tera-octets in Raid5 distributed over 2 storage bays and backed up daily on delocalized twin bays.
The platform provides practical training of medium to long duration for the staff of the associated laboratories in scientific collaborations, and for students in the context of internship.
Practical training in biochemistry (as part of collaborations)
- SDS-PAGE gel fractionation
- Liquid and in gel digestion of proteins for their analysis by mass spectrometry
- Phosphopeptides enrichment
BioCampus Montpellier courses
The platform organizes training courses within the framework of the technological courses offered by BioCampus Montpellier:
- Interactomique: approches basées sur la spectrométrie de masse et la résonance plasmonique de surface (28 novembre 2014)
- Les prestations en protéomique du PPM : situation actuelle et futurs développements (21 mars 2014)
Formations INRA, CNRS and INSERM
The platform organizes and participates in teaching in thematic schools in proteomics and including proteomic aspects:
- Research school MassProt 13th-16th June 2017
- MISTRAL (Montpellier International School on ion and water TRansport in pLants) 30th June – 11th July 2014 and 11th – 22th July 2016)
- – Research school (Sète, 2nd -5th June 2014)
By the end of 2016, MSPP renewed a nano-HPLC (U3000, Thermo Fisher Scientific) installed in 2003. This new generation of nano-HPLC (NCS U3500 RS, Thermo Fisher Scientific) is able to support up to 800 bars, and thus allows to use columns of greater length (50 cm), for example, in order to obtain a greater separation capacity of the peaks during an analysis
– Organisation of Mass Prot school
The Permanent Training of the PACA Center, the MassProt’InRA and Formasciences networks organize a “Proteomic – Research School” : from the preparation of the samples to the interpretation, validation and integration of the results. Strategies and practical aspects “, from Tuesday 13th June to Friday 16th June 2017 in Cannes-Mandelieu (06). The aim of this training course is to help the participants to perform their project in proteomics
– Congress SMAPP 2017
The newt congress SMMAP will hold in Marnes la Vallée from 3th to 5th October (https://smmap2017.sciencesconf.org/)
Bellati J, Champeyroux C, Hem S, Rofidal V, Krouk G, Maurel C, Santoni V✉ (2016) Novel aquaporin regulatory mechanisms revealed by interactomics. Mol. Cell. Proteomics, 15(11):3473-3487
Decourcelle M, Perez-Fons L, Baulande S, Steiger S, Couvelard L, Hem S, Zhu C, Capell T, Christou P, Fraser P, Sandmann G✉ (2015) Combined transcript, proteome, and metabolite analysis of transgenic maize seeds engineered for enhanced carotenoid synthesis reveals pleotropic effects in core metabolism. J. Exp. Bot., 66(11):3141-3150
Li G, Boudsocq M, Hem S, Vialaret J, Rossignol M, Maurel C, Santoni V✉ (2015) The calcium-dependent protein kinase CPK7 acts on root hydraulic conductivity. Plant Cell Environ., 38(7):1312-1320
di Pietro M, Vialaret J, Li G, Hem S, Prado K, Rossignol M, Maurel C, Santoni V✉ (2013) Coordinated post-translational responses of aquaporins to abiotic and nutritional stimuli in Arabidopsis roots. Mol. Cell. Proteomics, 12(12):3886-3897
In order to fully comply with the quality criteria of the IBiSA platforms, the Proteomic Mass Spectrometry Proteomic Platform (MSPP) platform was certified ISO 9001: 2008 from 02/02/2009 then become ISO 9001: since may 11 2017 to april 29 2020 for the domain:
“Research, expertise and services in proteomics in the fields of biology and health “
On 15/07/2015, this certification has been extended to the entire PPM.