Improving working conditions and warranting reliability and traceability of our research activities is a main aim of the Institute for Plant Sciences of Montpellier (UMR IPSiM).
Therefore, IPSiM has chosen to follow the principles of organization and the requirements of the INRAE V2 Quality Management Repository.
One major objective is to optimize the management of the common technological platforms and workshops, and to facilitate their access and utilization. This includes maintaining and improving technological equipment, and training and supervising the users in particular through adequate diffusion of know-how and of information. Several common technological platforms or workshops have obtained an official Quality certification, such as the « Measurements reliability » or « ISO-9001 » certifications. This is a strong commitment of IPSiM to support the platforms and workshops to keep or to obtain such certifications. In a more general way, IPSiM is paying a particular attention to set up all required actions to warrant an adequate management of all key technological facilities.
Another important priority is to secure the traceability of the research activities and the correct management of data and of biological resources. To do so, specific procedures have been defined for the validation of genetic resources (seed stocks) and for safe and controlled storage of various biological resources (seeds, plasmids, samples,…).The unit is also committed to improve data management to facilitate their sharing, access and reuse according to FAIR principles.”
In addition, IPSiM is committed to:
- Encourage its staff to get involved in a general participatory approach for improving Quality management
- Fully support the Quality Manager in his(er) task to define and conduct the relevant actions, and to sensitize the IPSiM staff for participating in these actions
- Maintain a working group (Quality group) that will help the Quality Manager
- Provide, as much as possible, the funding needed to perform the selected actions, including training of staff
- Perform yearly Quality assessments in order to quantify the improvements and to evaluate to relevance of the various actions, according to the objectives
Montpellier, March 1st, 2022