Share this article    



Mites (Acari: Laelapidae) parasitic on the meadow vole, Microtus pennsylvanicus

Timm, R.M.

1972 - Volume: 14 Issue: 1 pages: 18-20


Acari Laelapidae Androlaelaps Hirstionyssus Hyperlaelaps Microtus pennsylvanicus parasites


Three species of parasitic mites of the family Laelapidae were found to be present in great numbers on the meadow vole, Microtus pennsylvanicus. Two hundred and two individuals were identified from 15 host animals. Hyperlaelaps microti (Ewing), the most abundant parasite, made up 97 % of the individuals found. Androlaelaps fahrenholzi (Berlese) and Hirstionyssus isabellinus (Oudemans) constituted the remaining 3 % of the individuals found.

Please read and follow the instructions to post any comment or correction.

Article editorial history
Date published:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
1972 Timm, R.M.
 Download article

Download the citation
RIS with abstract 
(Zotero, Endnote, Reference Manager, ProCite, RefWorks, Mendeley)
RIS without abstract 
(Zotero, BibTeX)
(PubMed, Txt)
Article metrics
Number of distinct pdf views

Cited by: view citations with

Search via ReFindit